• 本版主要以供給各地魚友作為交流認識使用
    任何站上舉辦的活動或是魚友彼此的聯絡交誼活動都可以在此討論
    非各地活動或是認識交流的文章,如個人問題或其他討論,請發表至各分類版或閒聊版區。
    交流區亦為討論版,禁止任何交易資訊,有任何交易需求請洽交易版。

Foreign friends club - MD tank case study

專營各式海洋生物及軟體販售
小陳 0937-575332 LINE:aryon123
Since you are making changes, why don't you also tune down the temp setting to 25 as well.

Actually it is 26 but my temp control reached 27 to initiate cooling unit to turn on. Anyway I can correct it to 25 .

I just don't understand why digi can survive but acros can't . I understand digi is easy to raise but in case of any copper contaminant or other poisonous substance , I think digi should neither survive too, isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the color of coralline, it's said that deep red color usually means too many organism in the tank. Is this one reason why no acros survived?

Did you take any picture before acros dead? It might help to know why they die in the tank.

By reading your descriptions with the equips you are using in your tank, the parameters are good! I really dont see why your SPS can't survive! As xdai27 mentioned you might have issue of high organism accumulation , that can be one thing to concern about! however saying this is the reason that leads to your problem, I doubt! it must be something else just my opinion. And since you worry about your liverocks being Cu contaminated. and then you can't make sure the quality if you buy new rocks from fish stores . How about artificial rocks ? It can be an option . just for the record,I myself never use " dead rocks" .I am just offering information and hoping it can be of help!

And I am told that Bio pellet reactor isn't really good to use in the long term. difficault to properly control in the end .that can initiate serious issue after.

actually i am here to take note for myself because there are serious master reefers's discussion like you guys in this thread.

最後編輯:
Thanks Xdai27 and David Su for your kind input and comments,

High organism , I presume you must be saying bacterial bloom ? I have experiencing acros die off as early as before I try KZ or earlier than I use biopellet . My water always stay clear and in fact why I use biopellet or KZ in the past , because my system unable to lower down my nuttient.

2) I still don't know if my suspect of Cu contamination really exist , as these rocks been in the tank since I start this hobby and some come from dead rock and some are live rocks I bough from LFS, and I Remember I have acros that survive over a month or so only no PE , I don't know if a tank has cu contamination , will it instantly kill acros or acros gradually and slowly die off? Never seen any documentation of how a cu contaminated tank affect acros ? Nevertheless , even digi is easy to raise among SPS but I believe it does should also be affected in case of any cu contamination in my tank , I have yet to rule out one by one the factors causing my tank unable to grow acros .

Cheers,

MD

Hi there! When I started the hobby of coral tank,I was warned not to use anykind of treatment additives. I believe no one would take this experiment then tell people how the effect is. and as for cu rocks thing ,actually i think, it is not likely to happen. but I can't be sure.
as you mentioned eariler you failed in KZ,could it be anything that went wrong at the beginning without noticing it yourself? I dont use KZ though i believe the system can work perfectly if properly used. The KZ has got tons of loyalty as tons of users whose experiences prove that it works. it is a solid fact.
If i were you,i would tear down everything and start over. because one bad factor can affect one another and after such long time it is difficault to figure out . how i can find a pin in the ocean. just my opinion.

最後編輯:
Hi Davidsu

I think you got some point there.

I absolutely agree with you that nothing to do with KZ or even I think biopellet too, since both have successfully make good tank for others.

I recall that at the beginning of this hobby, i use dead rock then , but I buy "Gorilla Glue" to make the aqua scaping and I remove those glue after the time I think my po4 is not doing down And stay at 0.25 ppm . So I may be not throughly cleaned it off even in maked eyes it was removed, I put back the rocks that was used to glued with it and then I add some live rocks later .

Now , if I dismantle everything and mah be using artificial rocks , I don't know if there will still be some contaminant on the tank inside wall or inner wall, equipment like skimmer , pumps , reactors etc. how can I be able to wash it thoroughly ? I can discard the rocks but definitely not this expensive equipment . Any way to cleaned it thouroughly or technic or using baking soda , acid or vinegar etc to make sure it is free from any contaminant or else what the use of big works like this ?

By the way ,Joseph mentioned before about the artificial rocks , does any one use it here ? May be share some photos or experience and if it is available or selling here in taiwan or I need to buy it from us like marine depot on my next trip there ? Hope you guys help me , desperately want to see my tank with nice SPS like what I saw from your tank . Joseph you got a great tank and so sad not able to see Elton's

Cheers ,

MD

about equips cleanning,I would use edible "citric acid檸檬酸". By soaking every thing in this solution for hours then gentlely brushclean,your equipments will be like brand new. then rinse them and put them in clean tap water for days trying to remove the leftover matters,(you may have them plug running in the clean water now and change 100%clean water everyday). the above is what I can think of and the way i would do!
and the artificial rocks thing, there are many sellers in PH8.4 , you search 人工活石 here and you will get many. like this ( I am not promoting this seller, just see their pics there are great demostrations)
http://www.ph84.idv.tw/vbb/showthread.php?t=180219&highlight=人工+工活+活石

Citric Acid, or any other types of common household acid, will dissolve calcium carbonate or other types of comound that may result in hard water stains. However, these acid are not strong enough to dissolve other strong C/H double bond materials.

Moreover, I doubt it will neutralize copper ions, if that is what you wish to do.

Machodik, I think your coral keeping problem may have more to do with your parameters instead of "toxicities". If you are really, definetly, and surely worried about Cu or other heavy metal residues, I would suggest you change out the whole setup and start over.

(ps. machodik is a bit long to type. To shorten it, should we call you macho, or call you dik ?)

(ps. machodik is a bit long to type. To shorten it, should we call you macho, or call you dik ?)

Let me try to count..... one, two, .... humm..."danmhippo" seems longer than "machodik":em01::em01::em01: but I always call him ......"big guy", so yes, can we call you "macho"? It sounds even better than "big guy"

Machodik, I think your coral keeping problem may have more to do with your parameters instead of "toxicities". If you are really, definetly, and surely worried about Cu or other heavy metal residues, I would suggest you change out the whole setup and start over.

Thanks for your reply ,

Changing out the whole set up? You mean including the equipments! Gosh ! Then that means end of this hobby to me! Hope not . My wife will kill me ! Joseph and Elton knows that I just bought my BK DC 200 brand new last December .

You can call my abbreviate MD (not stand for medical doctor).

Hope before I opted to change my whole set up or end up my reefer ambition, may be someone can come up a "non drastic action" to rule out the issue behind. I will be very thankful for any help to at least let any Acros be survive in my tank .
My parameter seems to be just fine ever since .

Cheer,

MD

about equips cleanning,I would use edible "citric acid檸檬酸". By soaking every thing in this solution for hours then gentlely brushclean,your equipments will be like brand new. then rinse them and put them in clean tap water for days trying to remove the leftover matters,(you may have them plug running in the clean water now and change 100%clean water everyday). the above is what I can think of and the way i would do!

and the artificial rocks thing, there are many sellers in PH8.4 , you search 人工活石 here and you will get many. like this ( I am not promoting this seller, just see their pics there are great demostrations)

http://www.ph84.idv.tw/vbb/showthread.php?t=180219&highlight=人工+工活+活石

Thanks David for the info.

I will try to surf the site for more details on the artificial rock.

I wonder if organism can grow the same way as the natural live rocks too?

Cheers,

MD

返回
上方 下方