• 本版主要以供給各地魚友作為交流認識使用
    任何站上舉辦的活動或是魚友彼此的聯絡交誼活動都可以在此討論
    非各地活動或是認識交流的文章,如個人問題或其他討論,請發表至各分類版或閒聊版區。
    交流區亦為討論版,禁止任何交易資訊,有任何交易需求請洽交易版。

Foreign friends club - MD tank case study

NBL 潘朵拉菌、希瓦氏菌、Goretos高爾多斯系列飼料、Lucia 露西亞珊瑚飼料
經銷、販售 聯繫電話:886-7-7930233
Any advise on cheap air pumps skimmer ?

If I soaked with potassium chloride will this also kill beneficial bacteria ?

As I am going to travel starting this weekend for a 12 days duration , I am worried not possible to change water frequently .

I am only concern but not really seriously about any hitch hiker , so If short quick soaking of potassium chloride and wash with fresh sea water and put it back to DT , will this be good Enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't suggest anything more than a regular curing process to our friend machodik.

I mean, regularly, I will agree David fully. But we are talking about Machodik here.

Machodik, your problem is never success on SPS more than three months, stop thinking anything that you need to worry 12 months or more later. You are NOT there yet.

Those hitchhikers are NOT your worry at this moment. Get your SPS work and grow first.

Once you success and learn from your own experience or observation, then even tear down tank to a new one, copy your success recipe, that is how thing work. Don't use any extreme way then later you are sorry or not sure what you end with... Did I not complete rinse my LR after dip potassium chlorinate solution? Did I kill all good bacteria? Try to do it easy and trouble free for your SPS grow first. Those hitchhikers are last thing you need to worry now.

Thanks , that sure is my target . Ok , will focus first on how I can make SPS survive and what the heck those hitch hiker , I will roasted them if they come out .

Thanks

Sure it is. it might not be the right timeing to overly fix at that.
you will build up more depth of your own experience as a successful one over the making.

I actually moved out everything and cleaned my display tank 2week ago. gave away all my liverocks and old sand. to make my new scaping and bio cycle faster, I use live sand 3cm and artificial rocks instead .putting all my sps and live stocks back to my display tank right after the live sand and all my rocks settled with 50% waterchange. done! it took 5 hours. very tired!
this is my first time with artificial rocks and live sand. everything is fine for now.
except one thing a bit annoying is brand new artificial rocks will make protein skimmer overflowing a long time. my case it kept overflowing for 1 week.

the above is just a sharing of my latest project. an experiment i will see how it goes!

最後編輯:
Thanks David for sharing .

This morning I saw some claws is moving from one of the live rocks I bought two days ago . I am sure there will be more .

But because as what Shih mentioned yesterday plus the fact I am traveling this weekend so time is really tight for me to do anything and I wanted to see if those live rocks will help me lowered my no3 and Po4 that have been my "pain in whatever" so this I guest what I can do for now .

Cheers ,

MD

Hahaha, but have to figure it out first if they don't run faster than you !

Talking about roasting unwanted critters, has anyone used this device yet?
http://majanowand.com/instructions/how-to-use-the-majano-wand-video/

I feel it is suitable for small tank.

I have a question about shopping . Is there anyone of you who online shop from MarineDepot?
The shipment is scaring me. Ups to Taiwan costs at least usd150. Way much higher then items I choose.more then 2 times!
I asked them if I pay with my PayPal or cards and they sent it to a friend's place in US,
NO! Because the address not matching! I give up!

I use eBay to find merchants that can do international shipping. eBay has a shipping service that uses Pitney Bowes to handle all international shipping. The shipping rate are usually not as high as MD, and you can select to let Pitney Bowes (Ebay) to take care of the inbound import duties.

The only problem is that Ebay using Pitney Bowes shipping lead time can be quite long. It can take as long as 2-4 weeks.

Another possible option is saltwateraquarium.com. They are also a Amazon vendor. They do international shipping and accept international CC. I believe they also take Paypal.

I use eBay to find merchants that can do international shipping. eBay has a shipping service that uses Pitney Bowes to handle all international shipping. The shipping rate are usually not as high as MD, and you can select to let Pitney Bowes (Ebay) to take care of the inbound import duties.

The only problem is that Ebay using Pitney Bowes shipping lead time can be quite long. It can take as long as 2-4 weeks.

Another possible option is saltwateraquarium.com. They are also a Amazon vendor. They do international shipping and accept international CC. I believe they also take Paypal.

Thanks a lot!
I will look at that!

返回
上方 下方