Hello There,
In term of size consideration, I think the new ETSS Evolution series (e.g. ETSS Evolution 750) are better choices, since they are relatively compact. However, all the ETSS skimmers need big pumps, which will make a big hole in your electricity bill. Anyone try AquaC there?

嗯...AquaC感覺也不錯,不過跟ETSS一樣都好貴ㄟ,所以我打算試試RedSea Turbo XL先

I have not yet check the water parameter as the skimmer is still in the break in stage. However, the skimmer is in the late break in stage as it reacts to physical disturbance of the water. The foam would collapse when I dip my hand into the display tank instantly. The foam collected now is dry rather than the wet foam produced on the Super Bowl Sunday, Hahaha.
My experience in the hobby helps me determine the following without any actual testing:
1) The organic matter is under control as the skimmer gradually breaks in. The green diatom algae are disappearing in the front glass, the back and on both sides of the tank. They remain in the corners, as the water flow is not as strong as other area. These corners are usually what we considered dead spot.
2) Increase dissolved oxygen, as the water now became real clear, the fishes are more active than before. The water parameter indicator in my tank- my beautiful powder blue? Her coloration is superb, as the ich is now gone. Again, powder blue tang usually displays unbelievable coloration when in better water quality.
3) The light penetration increases as observation made on Elegance coral. It is retracting its tissue. The coral has to be removed to another shaded location. The Xenia sp. doesn't inflate to its prior size as this particular coral like high organic environment. Added Iodine this morning to see if this would help, otherwise, I will have to give this stalk away to a friend.
So far, all indications showed positively of this larger skimmer in my tank. I will wait until the skimmer’s week anniversary in my tank to test the water as it usually takes one week for all skimmers to break in.

相似主題