I would cut a piece of black acrylic. seal it with super glue. it can be done under water.

David,
Are you referring to seal the egg crates at the bottom base of the "false wall"? So you opted not to remove the false wall but instead sealed off the egg crate down below?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes!
or
there is a gap between the false wall and the overflow glass wall,isn't it?
I would stuff up the bottom of the gap with filter Bio sponge so that the sand will not go through.

Yes!

or

there is a gap between the false wall and the overflow glass wall,isn't it?

I would stuff up the bottom of the gap with filter Bio sponge so that the sand will not go through.

Thanks David,

I have ask my tank maker to make an L shape glass wall about 5 cm in height that I initially prepare just in case I will go with sand bed. I think that will be good enough to blocked the sand from getting into the said egg crate down there . But may be not able to totally prevent sand , I bellied there will be still some sand to pass thru.

By the way , tonight I check no3 and po4 - 5 ppm and 0.11 ppm respectively . So I hope taking advantage of this upcoming holidays , I hope I can be able to locate good supplier of fine sands and or live rocks before then .

Cheers ,

MD

how deep of a sanded? if its deep enough to cover the grates, then i don't think you'd need to seal it off. the sand will do it for you and still allow pods and what not to enter to feed off the detritus that collects behind the wall.

i'm in taipei and i'll pm you my line.

how deep of a sanded? if its deep enough to cover the grates, then i don't think you'd need to seal it off. the sand will do it for you and still allow pods and what not to enter to feed off the detritus that collects behind the wall.

i'm in taipei and i'll pm you my line.

have added you in my Line.

I have a question about adding sand bed, how long you do the maintainence of your sand bed, say vacumning ? I understand that when you flip over the sand tremoendously, you are in fact creating teh ammonia to the water level? how or what CUC you guys normally put into your sand bed and how often you need to change new sands along the way?

the reason why I go BB is becasue I heard in the past of so many tank crash due to DSB but i can see most of the SPS speciallist here like you guys really find DSB the best to maintain water quality.

I am also wondering is it becasue my tank has limited areas for good bacteris to colonies that causing my water quality bad?

cheers,

MD

I don't consider this as DSB。It is not deep at all. Take my tank as example,I have got 2~3cm sand. It has been 2 years now.
I never flip over the sand as my sand is very fine. My sand star fishes is doing all the maintainence job. This might not be good for others. I have not got any trouble till now!
Why I only placed 2cm sand? because I have same concern .

I don't consider this as DSB。It is not deep at all. Take my tank as example,I have got 2~3cm sand. It has been 2 years now.
I never flip over the sand as my sand is very fine. My sand star fishes is doing all the maintainence job. This might not be good for others. I have not got any trouble till now!
Why I only placed 2cm sand? because I have same concern .

Great!

How big is your DT? Mine is 90*60*60 , so it means I need to filled about 2-3 cm thick to cover 90*60 cm area (less overflow side), so how much I have to buy? Any rough idea?

By the way , in Taipei where can find some nice I non heavy metal contaminated fine sands ? Any advise ?

May be will be buying some star fish , is it easy to raise ?

Cheers

my display is 115X53X53cm. I have no idea of where to buy in Taipei. Maybe Deepmost is a good place to ask about.
I like to measure the volume by Litre.
so my tank needs 15Lof sand (115X53X2.5cm=15.24L) . better buy a little more.
star fish is easy for me. but it is better to have it after your tank is stable. I heard high NO3 can kill them.i am not sure about it.

having 3cm thick sand is like this .my tank a while ago.

I don't think you will get contaminated sand by any chance if you buy new sand. coral sand number 0 or 1.

最後編輯:
Hi David,

Thanks for your very supportive advises .

Nice tank ! It remind me the tank of Joseph when I once visited him at his house in Hsnchu.

Can you give me the phone number or line of Deepmost , I send him some PM in this forum but never received any reply till now. I wish I check him out before driving to Hsinchu for the live rocks and fine sands . Hoping to do this during these up coming holidays as I will be busy traveling by end of the month.

Cheers,

Md

極深水族館 專 業 海 水
The professional marine aquarium shop
專 業︱ 負 責︱ 服 務

《基本資料 》Basic Information
負責人 : 陳能展
門市地址: 新竹縣竹北市中華路340-8號
      No.340-8,Zhonghua Rd.,Zhubei City,Hsinchu County 302,Taiwan (R.O.C.)經緯度座標數值:24.834668,121.004748
公司網址: www.deepmost.com
Facebook : www.facebook.com/deepmost
營業時間: 13:00-22:00(每周一公休)
交通資訊: 中山高速公路 - 請於竹北交流道下(往竹北方向),光明六路直行至中華路後右轉約200公尺,即可抵達。(MAP)

《聯絡資訊》Contact US
門市電話: 03-5515861 / 03-5518861
門市傳真: 03-5518561
S k y p e : deep035425768
E - mail : deepmost888@gmail.com

Thanks David,

How come I did not find his contact details in the forum . Anyway I will contact him tomorrow .

So eager to work on my tank this coming holiday.

Are you also in Hsinchu ? You got a very nice tank , any shot of your equipment ?

You been very supportive so do PSidriven and X Dai 27 and danhippo and not to mention my good buddy Joseph . Hope I work fast to catch up working toward like the super great tank you guys has.

Cheers ,

MD

相似主題