非各地活動或是認識交流的文章,如個人問題或其他討論,請發表至各分類版或閒聊版區。
    交流區亦為討論版,禁止任何交易資訊,有任何交易需求請洽交易版。

Foreign friends club - MD tank case study

海洋生物/水族用品/魚缸製作/設計施工
維護保養/天然海水/餌料生物/水產批發
How's your tank going now?

How's your tank going now?

Hi David ,

I still have not added the sand , I still soaking them with RODI Walter with changes water everyday .

I am waiting for the Live rocks to arrive , suppliers said they will call me when they got the delivery , may be in the next few days as the typhoon just left and may be divers begin to dive when sea is more safe.

I wish to change all live rocks and add corals sand at the same time .

The Polyfilter show no discoloration whatsoever so may be this rule out any contaminant or toxicity .

58fae34c608edba80255a6f275389537.jpg

66dd7ffaeb5df7d2d80f2f06633fa798.jpg

I added GAC two days ago , tank look clearer but tank glass floor and some rocks still has the green and brown algae like formation .

Cheers,

MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

最後編輯:
If you want sugar fine sand, ask 胖哥. I saw he had some in one of his tanks.

Hello all,

It's been a long time have not report back , well aside from my back to back business trip and also I been waiting for my live rocks too.

The live rocks let me waited for more than a month .

Just bought 50 kgs of live rocks (ouch ! My pocket suddenly got a bit hole)

Here is the photos :
9943b6bbeddcb8969ac4cb1f11c403cd.jpg

cf1d034f54c02bac0dc68438f7d8e72b.jpg

2db66e2f96c790e818a48a28b0efb1f0.jpg

8dbbdeea9287f2b64dc2039091bfc724.jpg

321295482633f4fe007fefa1d986827f.jpg

2ff7fe40d75651423cea473c612f04d5.jpg

8f23475f6803c68599af33482d40e71e.jpg

033e8dd8eb888d4b75e3db5448f9c670.jpg

8876d8643220c4a70f1de356851a0652.jpg

Lastly, there is one un invited creature - Mantis shrimps, is this good to safe or just dump it? I don't know if I have to put in inside the tank or not ?

267077e04e3a53831084a8c5bcc8a8ec.jpg

It looks my live rock is over and my tank become congested , should I have to reduce some or just fine ?

Cheers ,

MD

Shouldn't you cure the new LR outside of your tank somewhere before you dunk them into the main display?

Gosh! I didn't do that way ! Hope I don't bring in any harm thing to my tank !

On the contrary , my tank does not have much any creature at all, so not much to worry indeed.

Cheers,

MD

最後編輯:
If you want to get rid of unwanted things from your display,better do it now before it is too complicated!
Like danmbippo said,cureing the rock is simple for now,or the chance is gone!

Hi David,

This really alarm me now , so please tell me how I do the curing if live rocks ? By simply put it in a big plastic containers and running with power head for how long ?

Kindly advise .

Cheers,

MD

Brush the rocks before putting in bucket.
Fill with fresh sea water.connect air pump & air stone inside the bucket.
A strong water pump is required to make flow and blow off the detritus from rocks.
And a protein skimmer is needed as well.
Let them running , you need regular water change (my opinion 100% water change each time is better)nd reliese the skimmed dirty water out.
This goes on a certain period of time. You get good low nutrient live rocks.

As for how to get rid of unwanted creature from rock, I don't know.

Because I used to use Potassium Chloride solution .it works. But some say it has some kind of effect after.

IMO.....
Curing inside your main tank or outside a bucket make no difference if you didn't plan to kill hitchhiker by certain extreme method. Only difference is curing inside the main tank then you risk tank residences (I saw you have blue tang and other fishes) with high ammonia, N/P, and that may result something you don't want to see.

If you care your residences in main tank, then you should cure LR somewhere else first. If you don't care, it make no different to me inside or outside.

Thanks for your all advises and suggestion .

I am worried that I don't have any extra skimmer that is a big problem

Yes my other concern is also the high ammonia etc as j already throw all my old live rock.

If just take out and dip something that can kill any hitch hiker may be that will be the easiest solution to me.

Since I don't have stony so I won't be worry of any worms or ova as it will took a long time before I will add any SPS then.

Any further advise ?

I would stick to ushering potassium chlorinate solution to kill unwanted thing. Then wash rock with marine water. And then start curing method in a container.
Skimmer you can use a cheap air pump skimmer .

返回
上方 下方